Longer and hotter summer has become common in Indian conditions. Global warming has caused similar issue across the world as well. Because of this you may observer 4-6 months of hot summer time instead of 4 month summer. You will defnitely praise yourself by purchasing top quality window AC to solve this problem.
Because of trending hot summer, AC is very necessary appliance for all. Therefore make sure you chose the right one for your needs. Unfortunately, there are way too many options available in the market.
“More the merrier” does not holds true for the consumer sometimes 🙂
We have this buying guide for you if you are planning to buy best window AC for your home. These are our top picks for this segment and includes best brands such as Hitachi, Voltas, LG, Carrier, and Onida.
Detailed Review of Top Window Air Conditioners in India
Window AC may be of old school appliance, however there is still a significant demand for these. Window AC gives that traditional old look to the home and brings nostalgia from the olden days.
We checked out on various online portals such as Amazon, Flipkart and also other product review sites. Then carefully reviewed top quality 1 ton air conditioners based on below aspects:
- User rating in Amazon & Flipkart
- Price tag – value for money
- Star rating of the product
- Power consumption
- Energy efficiency ratios
- Decibel levels
Let us take a deeper look into top 10 window AC appliance to buy in India.
1. Hitachi RAW511KUD 1 Ton 5-Star
Hitachi is well known brand across the globe in producing air conditioners. Their brand value is know for optimum quality products and is well known in different countries
Usually 1.5 ton and higher size ACs will have 5 star ratings. But this one is an exception.
Hitachi RAW511KUD is a 1-ton AC with a 5-star rating. This model comes with copper condenser thereby making it an excellent cooling machine in its own right.
Additionally, this appliance also has many solid features.
- Equipped with a rotary compressor, this AC is a powerful one with an impressive 3.39 W/W EE rating.
- The Auto Climate Technology makes it a smart AC in many ways as it adjusts the temperature depending on the room temperature.
- The Kaimin feature is an added attraction as it adjusts the temperature during the night.
- This AC comes with an Anti-bacteria filter, a feature not available in the three models described above.
2. Hitachi RAW518KUDZ1 1.5 Ton 5-Star
This 1.5 ton Hitachi Window AC is an earlier version of the one listed below(RAV518HUD).
Hitachi RAW518KUDZ1 window AC is an energy saver. The salient features of this AC are as follows.
- Auto Restart function eliminates the need for resetting the AC settings manually after a power cut.
- This AC works in five modes, Powerful Mode, Auto Mode, Cool Mode, Dry Mode, and Auto Power Save Mode.
- Ideal for medium-sized rooms in the range of 110 to 150 sq ft.
- Working on the Auto Climate Technology, this AC does not have the Anti-bacteria filter.
3. Hitachi RAV518HUD 1.5 Ton 5-Star
This is an advanced version of the RAW518KUDZ1 AC listed on this post. This AC saves up to 25% more energy as compared to Non-Inverter 1 star AC.
Main features of this home appliance are:
- The Auto start-stop function is a novel one.
- It has other advanced features like Kaimin function, Supercool function, Digilock, and pre-coated aluminium fins.
- This AC displays a 10% higher performance in the peak summer season.
- Twin Air flow function for better cooling.
- It has a dust filter but not an anti-bacterial filter.
4. Hitachi RAW318KUD 1.5 Ton 3-Star
Hitachi RAW318KUD is of 1.5 ton capacity and is suitable for an average room of size 110 to 150 sq ft. This AC comes with copper condenser and many other solid features as listed below.
Salient features of this Hitachi AC:
- The Auto restart obviates the need for manual intervention to reset the AC settings after a power cut.
- Having an energy rating of 3.09, this AC is available online at Amazon.
- This AC has an Auto-climate adjustment technology whereby it sets the temperature depending on the temperature in the area.
- This AC works in 3 modes, dry mode, power mode, and Auto Power save mode.
5. Voltas 185DY 1.5 ton 5-Star
Voltas is popular AC manufacturer in India from long time. That is visible in their designs which is more customized for for Indian conditions.
This Voltas AC is economical in more ways than one. Size of the AC is suitable for room size less than 150 sq ft. Some of the other salient features of this AC is below:
- The auto start facility is a common one among all AC units.
- This is a smart AC in many ways because it adjusts the temperature accordingly while you sleep.
- The presence of the anti-bacterial and nano filters ensures clean and healthy air to breathe.
- The self-diagnosis facility alerts you to call the technician for repairs in case something is wrong with the equipment.
6. LG LWA5CS5A1 1.5 ton 5-Star
LWA5CS5A1 LG AC appliance is energy efficient and also loaded with additional interesting features as listed below.
- The Auto restart facility is a boon because there is no need for you to wake up and switch on the AC in the middle of the night after a power cut.
- The Sleep mode is an excellent feature whereby the machine adjusts the temperature accordingly to make your sleep more comfortable.
- With a cooling capacity of 4850 W, this AC works on the strong rotary compressor.
- The energy saver mode is the highlight of this AC.
7. LG LWA5GW3A 1.5 ton 3-Star
LG is a popular brand in India and is one of the most trusted in the consumer durable segment. LG also has best AC products for Indian consumers.
LWA5GW3A LG AC appliance is 3-star rated and save energy up to 15% as compared to the non-inverter 1-star machines.
This appliance is also loaded with other interesting features:
- The rotary compressor makes it a powerful AC with a cooling capacity of 4850 W
- The AC uses high-quality R-22 refrigerant.
- The auto restart and the sleep mode make it an intelligent AC on many ways.
8. Voltas 183CYA 1.5 ton 3-Star
Voltas brand has a high reputation of having some of the best facilities in its product segment. This is true for the AC units they develop as well.
Take a look at some of the salient features of this Window AC appliance.
- The use of the aluminium condenser makes it a cost-effective AC in many ways.
- The sleep mode enables you to have a comfortable rest because the machine adjusts the temperature accordingly.
- The anti-dust and the negative ion filter ensure that you get good clean air to breathe.
- The rotary compressor makes it a powerful one.
- There are other notable features like Turbo mode, LCD remote, and self-diagnosis.
9. Ondia WA185FLT 1.5 ton 5-Star
Check the price at Amazon
Update  – This product is taken off from Amazon. However, it might be available with some retailers.
Ondia WA185FLT AC has a copper condenser making it energy efficient equipment. This AC has various other features as follows.
- The Auto restart facility is a notable one.
- Working on a rotary compressor, this AC machine is a powerful one.
- The cooling capacity of 5100 W makes it an energy efficient AC unit.
- However, this AC does not have the anti-bacterial and dust filters. In spite of this disadvantage, it is a popular machine.
10. Carrier CACW18EA3W 18K ESTRA 3-Star 1.5 ton
Carrier is a MNC and its brand is known for best AC appliances with high-quality performance. This window AC from Carrier has some awesome features, making it as one of the best Window AC to buy in India.
As far as energy efficiency is concerned, this machine is much better than its peers. Let us look at some salient features.
- The dehumidification factor ensures that you have a comfortable time.
- The copper condenser coil is the main reason why you have greater efficiency in cooling.
- The rotary compressor is a powerful one capable of delivering a cooling capacity of 5250W.
- Experience great energy savings at the most affordable prices with this AC.
Buyer’s Guide for Top Window AC in India
We don’t buy AC appliances every other day. They are expected to be durable and last 8-10 years. Therefore, you give due deligence to choose best appliance while making a purchase.
Indian market is loaded with many popular AC brands. This is in addition to many different types of AC appliances such as window AC units, the split AC units, the inverter air conditioners, and the portable air conditioners.
Smart purchase of AC is the one that is durable, not dear to your pocket and also gives best efficiency in terms of operations. Therefore, you have to consider many factors while buying AC in India.
What is window AC?
Window air conditioner (WAC) is a simplest type of AC that’s installed into a window of a room and designed to cool that specific room. An evaporator coil cools the interior while a condenser coil releases hot air outside.
Window air conditioners work by removing both heat and humidity, in addition some models can heat a room.
Window AC vs Split AC – Which one you need?
This is often one of the question many get confused with. Let us take a look at what circumstances you are best to buy a window AC appliance.
- If budget is your primary consideration, then window AC is the ideal one for you. The split ACs are expensive in comparison.
- If power consumption foremost in your mind, it is better to opt for the split AC. It is always advisable to go for 5-star rated ACs, as they guarantee the maximum savings in electricity. These ACs are the highest-priced among the lot, but they are better in the long run because they save power. You end up with reduced electricity bills.
- Similarly, if interior decorations and aesthetics influence your decision-making, the split AC should be the apt choice.
Star Ratings and Standards
EER represents the efficiency of an Air Conditioner and the amount of cooling that an AC can produce per watt electricity usage.
Higher the Star Rating and the EER value, lower will be the power consumption. As I mentioned earlier, Inverter ACs do not have star ratings.
Air conditioner comes with many terminologies and we have complete guide on AC jargons for ease of reference.
Which are the popular AC brands in India?
This is commonly asked by most of the consumers who want to buy an air conditioner. While there is no one size fits all solution to this question, we have made a detailed post on choosing your best AC brand before making the purchase decision.
Over to You
This post has details on top 10 window AC appliances to buy in Indian market. Check our other posts as well for additional guidelines to buy an air conditioner. Summer is fast approaching, make a wise decision and gift yourself with the best one!