Roti is a global phenomena. From Romans and Greeks to Caribbean and Indians, roti is made in different shapes and ingredients. It has united cultures across centuries, geographies, and history. The Indian flatbread or chapati has a history of its own. As with many modern innovations we have machines to prepare chapatis. This post has best roti maker machines to buy in India along with detailed review.
For working professionals and house wives, electric chapati maker machines are perfect kitchen companions. They can make bulk of rotis within a very short period of time and save time and effort.
List of Best Roti Makers in India
|BEST ROTI MAKER||DISTINCT FEATURE||POWER NEED|
|Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel – Best Pick||Temperature Control Knob||900 Watts|
|Bajaj Roti Maker – Most Popular||Automatic Shut Off||900 Watts|
|Molo Roti Maker/ Khakhra Maker||Heavy Duty||900 watts|
|Kerwa Non Stick Shockproof Roti Maker||Auto Shut Off Thermostat||900 Watts|
|Rico Roti Maker||Automatic Shut Off||NA|
Detailed Review of Best Roti Makers in India
Best roti maker machines are not just that, they also can be used for making dosas and khakras. Like OTG ovens, they are also very versatile appliances. So check details below about various features to narrow your best pick.
Made out of Stainless Steel material, Prestige PRM 3.0 roti maker comes with a temperature control knob at the tip of the amply broad griddle where it meets the handle bar. Through this knob, one can control the kind of temperature the roti needs to be cooked at. This innovative feature is the reason why the Prestige PRM 3.0 ranks top on the list of Top 5 Best Roti Makers in India.
While the stainless steel body promises high quality, the griddle could be used not for making rotis but also other small time dishes such as small dosas, utappams and khakras too.
Thanks to the cool handle which is made out of quality plastic fibre, one can no longer fear of the high temperature heat or any kind of electric shocks.
Salient features of Prestige Roti Maker
- Has an adjustable temperature control knob
- Contains high quality non-stick griddle plate for perfect and fluffy rotis
- Consumes just about 900 watts power.
- Durable quality stainless steel
- Fibre plastic body of shockproof nature.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty availability
With an incredibly conservative power consumption and 1 year worth manufacturer’s warranty, the Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel is one of the best in the rack roti maker from prestige.
PROS (good things)
- Compact design
- Easy to use
- With Demo CD
- Elegant look
CONS (poor things)
- Safety features not adequate
- Takes a lot of time to make roti
The Bajaj Vacco Electricals crafted with utmost engineering experience for making the best rotis and khakras for your loved ones. The rotis are fluffy, light, and quick with love that reminds you of homemade chapatti.
The Roti maker is made of the superior quality tubular element with food-grade Teflon coated non-stick aluminum. The outer body is covered by stainless steel to provide the basic conductivity.
The shockproof body and heat resistant handle make it easy to carry. It will normalize the increasing temperature so that you can make rotis as much as you want. There are light indicators that are pre-determined with automatic cut-off features when there is an increase in the heat supply.
Also, the LED indicator turns off when the machine is ready to take the dough ball for the next roti. The Dimension of the tawa is 20.26 cm that will give you the perfect circle shape of the dough.
PROS (good things)
- Easy to use as it makes the rotis quickly and soft.
- Have all-way protection with power cut off feature
- Time and energy efficient
- Multipurpose usage to make Rotis, Parathas, papads, Kulchas, Khakras, etc.
- It is portable as you can carry it easily
- Non-stick tawa coating
- Shockproof with double stainless steel
- Perfect for bachelors
CONS (poor things)
- It gets marks on the tawa easily
- Bit high priced
- Some have concerns on roti thickness and texture output
Another budget-friendly option with great build quality is MOLO Roti Maker. Although, the product quality is quite less compared to Bajaj model, sturdy design makes easy to place in kitchen space without any hassle.
Salient features of Molo Chapati Maker
- Anti-fall plate design.
- Comes at cheap rates.
- Features dual heating element.
- Utilizes 900 watts of power supply.
- Operating voltage 230V, 50Hz frequency.
- Large gripping handles to hold and press.
- Red indicator light to know the current operation.
The main reason for being in the list of top 5 Roti makers India is because of soft-making rotis and shockproof outer body. This electric Roti maker offers uniform heat by using 900 watts power and operates at 230V/50Hz frequency depending on the requirement. However, you can adjust the heat settings of non-stick plate to prepare your favourite food item.
Wrapping up, the performance of MOLO chapati maker is quite good and best for those who stick to the budget. It can prepare oil-free chapattis, dosas and much more without any effort.
With Kerwa chapati maker machine, you can prepare a lot of things like rotis, papad, omelette, dosa and much more food items in less time. It is made of stainless steel outer body to look beautiful and gives strong support to the base.
The non-stick coated aluminium plate makes the Roti effortlessly without sticking to the walls. Ergonomic handle helps to press the dough to acquire round-shape and can be carried from one location to another.
Salient features of Kerwa Roti Maker Machine
- Non-stick coating plate.
- Very economical to buy.
- 4500 watts of power usage.
- Uses stainless steel material.
- Cool touch ergonomic handle.
- Absolutely a shock-proof Roti maker.
On the whole, this Kerwa shockproof Roti maker offers exceptional performance in terms of preparing tasty rotis, quick-operation and long-lasting nature. It comes with a red LED indicator light which lets you know when the device has reached the maximum temperature.
Some customers at Amazon are bit disappointed with the poor manufacturing services and few claim that they’ve received the damaged piece. Once you receive the product check for any damages.
The Rico Roti Maker provides the soft, light, fluffy, and similar to what you love when you get at your home. This is the best choice for the bachelors living far from their family and is not an expert in making rotis.
The Roti Maker is easy to handle as it is lightweight. You get rounded and puff rotis within minutes. It will be the best partner when you are in a family function and require many rotis. The high-utility pressing handle presses the tawa with the upper lifting handle.
The Tawa and the machine body is made of ABS plastic touch handle with steel that has an integrated design. The use of stainless steel helps you to keep the machine rust proof.
The upper lifting handle is equipped with a heat resistant lifting handle that allows lifting the top plate while the rotis are prepared.
As compared to other products, the size of the tawa is small.
PROS (good things)
- It comes with temperature control on the tawa
- Portable and easy to control
- Great quality
CONS (poor things)
- The size of the rotis are small
Buyer’s Guide – What to Consider While Buying Roti Maker Machine?
You won’t go entirely wrong by choosing any of the above. They are all of best quality products from popular brands. Here are few things you need to keep in mind while buying a chapati maker.
1. What type of roti maker you prefer?
Figure out first which type you want to go for and then you can decide the best roti maker for you based on your needs.
a) Electric roti presser
Electric roti presser is composed of two electrically heated hot plates which press each other to cook your roti. This is the most common type used in Indian kitchens. Some models can be used to cook other flatbreads like khakras and parathas.
b) Automatic roti maker machine
This is the most convenient type and needs the least assistance from you. Just add all the ingredients inside it and you can already walk away. When you come back, you can enjoy the finished product. This is the fully automatic type. Check the Rotimatic machine below as an example:
Another advantage of this is, it is not just a single roti maker but can do multiple roties and even different kinds of bread as well.
2. Is the price reasonable and within your budget?
It is important that the price must fit with your budget. But for roti makers, the price equates quality. Don’t settle for less as it may cost you more in the long run. Cheaper models might not give you the roti quality you want or may lead you to shell out more money for repairs. Balance the quality to that of your budget so you can save yourself from frustrations.
The price also differs based on the size of roti maker you want. So think of this beforehand before buying one.
3. What is the griddle material and size?
The griddle also known as tawa, should be made of aluminum as it is a good distributor of heat. Also, it should be made of non-stick material so you don’t need to add much oil on it. To make the best roti, choose 8 to 10 inches tawa sizes.
This is chosen also based on the size of your family as some griddle material can cook faster than others and with consistent size and quality. You would not want them to be waiting for their roti right!
4. How much energy it consumes?
For best result, the cooking surface of the roti maker should reach 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roti maker consumes less power so it is one of the most economical appliances in there, especially as it saves you from using gas. But more or less for a maker with a 10-inch tawa, it requires a total of 1000 watts.
5. What additional features it has?
- ON/ OFF Indicator Light – to know if the product is working or not. This is also a safety feature for some with auto off when the heat limit is reached.
- Shockproof Body – safety feature of almost all roti makers. Because it works with a lot of electricity to come up with heat. The body material is built to avoid electric hazards.
- Non-Heating handle lift – some lift/handles have an extra coat as added protection against heat and electrical accidents when touched.
- Adjustable Temperature Knob – usually has 3 temperature variation to choose from. So you can adjust just how well you want your roties to be cooked.
How to Make Best Roti with Roti Making Machine?
Roti making by using a machine is not same as manual hand-made process. Keep below tips to make perfect roti with a machine.
1. Preparing a dough
- Sieve the atta/flour to remove any grains or hard particles
- Add some water and salt for taste
- Put a few drops of oil/butter/ghee for added softness and taste
- Knead the dough unit it reaches a soft and sticky consistency
2. Resting the dough
- Let the dough rest for 30-1 hour.
- Take it out after 1 hour and start making small dough balls.
3. Getting the roti maker ready
- Switch the roti maker on
- Set it to the highest temperature wait for the indicator light to turn green. The green means the griddle is hot enough and ready for making roti.
4. Prepare roti using the machine
- Taken the dough ball and flatten it a little; you don’t need to make it thin and round.
- Put the ball little off-centre towards the handle
- Close the top and gently press it to flatten the ball. Open it immediately
- Cook the roti for a few seconds
- Flip the side when you see bubbles appearing
- Flip it again and cook both the sides evenly
- The roti will puff up on its own
Tips to Make Perfect Chapati with a Roti Maker
Making perfect fluffy roti with the machine is definitely possible. Make sure you consider below tips for optimum result.
a. Make the dough softer than manual one
Dough made for a roti maker is different than what you generally use. You don’t need to knead atta too much otherwise it will be hard and rubbery. It should be stickier and softer so that you can easily flatten it by pressing. To prepare the dough, add 15-20 % more water.
b. Ensure you rest the dough for sometime
After making the dough let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes for best results. By this time the gluten strands start to form in the kneaded dough which makes the roti soft and puffy. If you are in a hurry try to rest it for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
c. Don’t use refrigerated or old dough
Stored atta in the refrigerator cannot make soft and puffy roti; it makes them hard and crispy rotis, more like papad. Use freshly prepared dough every time you make rotis with a roti maker.
d. Addition some oil can make dough softer
Adding a few drops to the dough will make it softer and it won’t stick to the roti maker. Adding oil will also spread the heat evenly over the surface of the roti and cooks them evenly from centers to corners. You don’t need to mix the oil deep into the dough, just dip your finger in it while making the dough balls.
e. Best if you consume them immediately
Rotis made with a roti maker tend to harden faster as they are made differently from a normal roti. East them as soon as you can so they don’t become hard to chew.
Common Questions about Roti Making Machines
– If the roti maker is a non-stick coated plate then oil is not needed.
– But for some you may still put oil in your liking should you want your roti output to be a bit moist.
Not really. All roti makers are made shock-proof and sturdy to deal with voltage fluctuations. Just make sure of the quality of the cord material used.
Bajaj, Prestige, Sunflame, Eagle, Molo, Kerwa, Favy, Giggle, Kinnng, Suzo
Depends on how good a roti you can cook. An expert homemaker will always make thinner and softer rotis than a roti maker, but if you are a newbie or can’t make a roti round and even a roti maker is going to make you some round, tasty rotis in lesser time.
Electric roti-makers are costly but easier to use and manual roti-makers need more effort. Additionally, manual ones are good when you want to use it outdoors.
Over to You
This review should ease your task of getting a best roti maker for home. We find Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel as best featured machine, while Bajaj Roti Maker as a most popular brand. You won’t go very wrong by selecting either of them. But before that, you check the features and reviews to make sure it meets your requirement in the kitchen.