Most of us hate doing the dishes after a meal. Therefore a high-quality dishwasher is one of the best investments you can make for your home. It not only saves you the time and stress of washing dishes by hand, but it also helps conserve energy and water, and it lowers your utility bill in the process.
But which is the best disher to buy online in India?
There are many popular brands and hundreds of dishwasher options available, and sifting through them is about as tedious as tackling a pile of dirty dishes. To save you the time and effort, we’ve done the research for you to find the most reliable dishwasher models available today.
List of Best Dishwashers In India – 2023 Review
|Bosch Free Standing – Best Seller||12||10 Liters||2 Years|
|Voltas Beko Place Table Top||8||6 Liters||2 Years|
|Siemens Free Standing Dishwasher||12||12 Liters||1 Year|
|IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic||12||9 Liters||2 Years|
|BPL D812S27A Dishwasher||12||10 Liters||1 Year|
|LG D145WF Dishwasher||14||10 Liters||2 Years|
|Whirlpool Dishwasher||14||9.5 Liters||2 Years|
|Koryo Dishwasher – Economic||6||5 Liters||1 Year|
Info graphic – Why You Need a Dishwasher?
Detailed Review of Best Dishwashers In India
How we arrived at these top dishwashers?
- We first considered new models from branded companies, then we have selected dishwashers that generally fits middle class income. However, we have also included several different products to provide you ample number of selection options.
- We collect information through user manual, company’s website, and customer feedback on independent reviews. Then our experts evaluated these data and show that actual facts and figures in front of you.
- During our research we have considered the features like cleaning cycle, energy, cost, rack adjustability, noise etc. Apart from that we have also taken into account different aspect like child lock, soil sensor, delay start, touch control etc. so that you can select best possible product for your kitchen which is available in the market.
1. Bosch Free Standing 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
For many generations, Bosch has been developing home and kitchen appliances, making our everyday lives better. Since one and half century, this German brand has been popular for uncompromising quality, technical perfection, performance and absolute reliability.
Among their wide range of products, today in this article, we will discuss about Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher. This product has grabbed top position in our list due to its convenient loading, optimal cleaning results and 100% quality.
It comes with 12 place settings which is suitable for a family with 4 – 6 members. This machine has 6 built-in wash cycles that include Half load (for fewer utensils), express sparkle (for saving time), intense kadhai (Indian utensils), extra dry, varioEco (optimal use of water and electricity) and pre-rinse (tough stains).
This free-standing Bosch dishwasher is perfect for family consisting 4 or more members. Manual handwashing dishes can use 60 liters of water but this product will use just 10 liters of water. This is another reason, why we have given top priority in our list of best dishwashers in India 2020.
With this affordable dishwasher, you can complete the job done in 60 minutes. But before loading the plates or dishes, make sure to scrape off the leftover food items. The electronic lock prevents the accidental switching and from preventing the children using it.
Load sensor detects the load you put in and accordingly releases water from the pipe to wash neatly. Auto-program adjusts the water usage, temperature and cleaning time for optimum wash.
This product also comes with half-load option, so you don’t have to wait till the racks are completely filled. Water used for cleaning gets heated to 70˚C, so 99.9% germs and microbes are killed, providing safe and hygienic wash.
With electronic delay timer, you can pre-set the program and desired start time. The display also indicates the remaining time for completing the cleaning process. Though, it consumes less power, it provides high cleaning efficiency.
The technology used in this product is perfect for Indian cooking utensils. It produces 52 dB noise while in operation. Manufacturer provides 2-years comprehensive warranty on the product.
Pros: Good things
- 12 place settings and 6 pre-set programs
- Aqua sensor and load sensor
- Half-load program
- Electronic delay timer
- Low power consumption
- High cleaning efficiency
- Perfect for Indian utensils
- Just consumes 10liters of water
- Childproof control lock
- Stainless steel build and finish
- Front-load free standing dishwasher
- 2-years warranty on the machine and 10-years on tub
Cons: Poor things
- Not suitable for aluminum and non-stick containers
- Generates 52 dB noise
2. Voltas Beko 8 Place Table Top Dishwasher (DT8S, Silver)
Voltas, is the India’s most trusted brand in India, and Beko, a leading international name in home appliances, together that bring you all the convenience your deserve.
This is the highly efficient and durable dishwasher, it’s easy to install. It comes with touch button controls and ideal for nuclear families. This dishwasher helps in proper washing and cleaning the utensils. The Voltas DT8S dishwasher offers 6 wash programs.
This comes with additional second spray arm for more powerful cleaning and provides up to 5 times improved cleaning.
The easy electronic control with push touch pad gives you a premium experience and the design of the dishwasher ensures the possibility of washing a wide range of dishes.
This dishwasher comes with 8 place settings including removable cutlery tray, new shelf system for longer items and have flexible lower basket glass holder that can hold up to 5 glasses. It has height adjustable higher rack and spacious interior for larger items.
This dishwasher is easy to use, extremely water and energy efficient. Additionally, its compact design makes it easier fit-in to any kitchen.
- Table Top: Table top models can fit into any packed kitchens and can be installed easily.
- Warranty: This dishwasher comes with the warranty of 2 years comprehensive / 5 years on motor.
Pros: Good things
- For more effective cleaning, it heats water up to 70 degrees.
- It has water proof touch panel
- It is perfect for small families
- This dishwasher comes with 6 wash programs and 8 place settings.
- A dishwasher uses 1KwH- 2KwH energy on an average per wash.
Cons: Poor things
- You can wash limited utensils at once
3. Siemens Free Standing 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Siemens brand is known for developing products that feature modern design and innovative solutions to make some daily chores easy. The dishwashers from Siemens are a perfect combination of efficiency, speed and thoroughness.
The SN256W01GI dishwasher from Siemens has some exceptional features that include aqua sensor, load sensor, and 12-place settings for smooth functioning of the device.
6 washing programs and 3 wash options are pre-set in the product. You can choose anyone for obtaining perfect and sparkling finish every time. The hot water option ensure the utensils are sanitized, removing 99.9% of the bacteria and germs. The Vairo speed feature decreases the washing time without compromising the wash cycle.
Compared to other branded models, it speeds up the washing process, reducing 60% of washing cycle. That’s why we’ve considered this product as one of the best dishwashers in great demand now. It comes with 12-place settings where you can keep small to big bowls irrespective of size, shape and also saves your valuable time and energy in washing.
The innovative technology used in this product automatically determines dishwashing time, volume of water required and temperature. It’s simple, elegant and attractive design has set new standards.
This product can be used 2 – 3 times in a day. If you have a big family, then this is the perfect choice. Automatic detergent detection and top shower enhances the washing capability. Also, the product is backed with a warranty of 1-year on the comprehensive and 10-years on the anti-rust proof inner body.
Pros: Good things
- 12 place settings
- Saves almost 60% of washing time
- Automatic detergent detection
- Comes with pre-set 6 programs and 3 washing options
- Features aqua and load sensor
- Innovative technology
- Elegant and simple design
Cons: Poor things
- Produces 52dB noise
- No child-lock feature
4. IFB Neptune VX 12 Place Settings Fully Electronic Dishwasher
Since 4 decades into the market, IFB has been representing leading edge technology which is clearly manifested in their products and service solutions. The brand is reputed for its forte in quality and technology.
IFB Neptune VX dishwasher comes with 12 place settings which is suitable for medium to large families. For providing efficient performance, 6 wash programs are provided that include eco wash, half-load, quick was, pre-wash, quick wash, and Eco wash.
This has come with advanced features that not only brings sparkles to the utensils but also performs the washing in less time. The fast and efficient jet washer mode wipes out the grease, dust and food particles on the cooking bowls, plates.
A metal filter is incorporated in the machine which collects all the food particles and dirt removed from the plates. Lower water consumption is one of the significant aspects of this product. It consumes only 9 liters of water for cleaning full load.
Water softening device softens the hard water up to 60 dh (i.e. removes hardness in water) and thereby increases the detergent efficiency. Steam drying ensures perfect drying of dishes without forming marks, small breaks even when you choose a small washing program.
If you are looking for best dishwasher under 35,000 then IFB Neptune VX is the right choice. This product is backed by 2-year warranty. If you fine any faults or damages in the device within this time period, then you can get repaired or replacement without any extra charges.
Pros: Good things
- Features 12 settings
- Comes with adjustable racks
- Flexible half load functioning
- Stunning silver built-up and finish
- Smart and elegant design
- High energy-efficient dishwasher
- 2-years comprehensive warranty
Cons: Poor things
- Technician is necessary for installation
5. BPL D812S27A 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Since its inception in 1963, BPL has quickly grown as a world-class Indian consumer electronics brand. Over the years, BPL has earned trust of millions of customers across India. If you are looking for affordable dishwasher without compromising the quality and performance, then BPL D812S27A is the right choice.
12 place setting are provided in the BPL dishwasher which provides ample capacity to fit the needs of any average Indian household. Unlike the above 3 products, this one has highest (8) wash programs from intensive to rapid needs.
The classy design and sparkling silver finish adds an attractive appeal to your kitchen interiors. The technology of this dishwasher is specially designed by keeping the unique Indian kitchen needs. It comes with 8 pre-set programs ranging from intensive to rapid, which suits different washing needs of utensils.
If you have fewer utensils to load, then select the half load feature. This feature allows only one section of the dishwasher is used, reducing power and water consumption.
The clear LED display helps you monitor the wash cycle, keep track of time, detergent level and others. Manufacturer is providing 1-year warranty on this product.
Pros: Good things
- 12 place settings
- 8 pre-set cleaning programs
- Contemporary design with silver finish
- Half load feature
- Digital LED display
- Suitable for Indian cooking utensils
- 1-year warranty
Cons: Poor things
- Nothing much
6. LG D145WF 14 Place Settings Dishwasher
LG has been providing exceptional home and kitchen appliances since 1958. Its pioneering technology and innovative solutions has gained a steady and continuous growth. LG D145WF is a high end model that comes with advanced features and functionalities.
LG dishwasher comes with 14-place settings making it more efficient to use at home kitchen and commercial areas like hotels, restaurants, food courts, hostels, BBQ, KFC, etc. It comes with 5-washing programs like dual wash, auto, eco, gentle, and quick wash to set as per the washing needs.
Adjusting the rack heights gives an extra space to keep large containers and is operated with a single tap on the machine. To achieve more flexibility, simply fold down to fit the pans, cookers, pots, etc.
The inner tub of machine is made of stainless steel material which is highly durable than plastic and also deters stains and odors.
LED display gives detailed information of dishwasher like washing options, temperature settings, auto on/off etc. Dishwasher panel is protected with child safety lock option especially while cleaning the dishes. It prevents against the frequent tampering on the touch panel by the kids.
This front load LG dishwasher has smart diagnosis option where you don’t need an engineer to identify the problem. You can directly visit the authorized service center and get it repaired for free of cost within the warranty period.
Pros: Good things
- 14 place settings
- User friendly instruction manual
- Time delay for 24 hours
- Energy efficient inverter direct drive motor
- Child lock feature
- Triple filter
- Refill indicators and error display
- Smart rack mechanism
Cons: Poor things
- A bit expensive to purchase.
7. Whirlpool Dishwasher (PowerClean-WFC3C24 PF IN)
In case you want to buy a dishwasher, you can surely go with this product as it has all the capability to fulfill your needs. The key features of Whirlpool 14 Place Settings Dishwasher are stated underneath:
- Power clean pro: This technology uses high pressure spray nozzles to assure outstanding cleaning of the kitchen staffs.
- 6th sense technology: This revolutionary technology detects the level of soil present and uses the resources accordingly. As a result, this machine is able to save time and water more than 50%
- 30% extra loading space: Due to 4 foldable racks Whirlpool dishwashers provides you 30% extra space. It even provides various loading options to clean your utensils at a time.
Pros: Good things
- Intelligent 6th sense technology
- Flexible loading
- A++ energy saving ability
Cons: Poor things
- All washing aids are must
- Limited features
8. Koryo Dishwasher (KDW636DS) – Best Budget
Keep your utensil clean and fresh with the 6 place settings Koryo dishwasher as it challenges to kill 99.9% germs and provide hygiene cleaning. It helps in saving water by consuming just 5 liters a day with A+ class European Standard efficiency.
The in-built 6 different types of wash program setting help you to choose according to your needs and convenience. The energy efficient Koryo dishwasher protects you from the long electricity bills. The key features of the product are:
- 6 wash programs: It provides six different types of wash programs like intensive, glass, normal, eco, rapid, and 90 min. Now choose according to your requirements.
- Hygiene: Protect your loved ones from the germs as Koryo dishwasher kills 99.9% germs and clean every speck of dirt from your utensil.
- A+ class efficiency: It consumes only 5 liters of water in a day for cleaning and save precious water.
- Energy efficient: Save your pockets from huge electric bills as it is energy effiecient and consumes only 0.5 electric units a day.
Pros: Good things
- Energy efficient
- Kills 99.9% germs
- Energy efficient
Cons: Poor things
- No battery facility
- Only 1 year warranty
Buyer’s Guide – 12 Things to Consider While Buying Best Dishwasher in India
When it comes to dishwasher, convenience is the key. Even though it is just a small family, a dishwasher makes life so much simpler.
Dishwashers come with many features, designs and from various brands. So, if you want to buy the best dishwasher in India for your home then check the guide below.
1. Which type of dishwasher suits your kitchen?
Dishwashers come in many variations as below depending on the features and requirements. You need to understand which type is for you.
- These dishwashers can be installed anywhere in your kitchen
- Designed to stand alone
- Removable worktop to accommodate benchtop height
- Elegant curved fascia
- Flat control panel
- Adjustable height for flush fit
- Option of continuous kick panel flush with kitchen cabinetry
- Integrate your dishwasher for a seamless look
- Can be fitted with a door panel to match the design of your kitchen cabinetry
- Continuous kick panel provides seamless integration
- Designed to fit your new kitchen to perfection
- Can be concealed entirely behind a door panel to matching your kitchen cabinetry
- Control panel neatly integrated into the top of the dishwasher door
- Continuous kick panel providing seamless integration
- Optional stainless steel front panel
- These slimline 45cm dishwashers are ideal for kitchens where space is at a premium
- Available as a freestanding stand-alone model
- Built-under models with adjustable height for a flush fit
- Fully integrated models can be concealed behind a door panel to match your kitchen cabinetry
f) Table Top Compact
- Takes up the least space
- Does not require any plumbing
- Most affordable option
2. How much noise does dishwasher make?
Dishwashers are expected to work silently. The best dishwashers have the lowest range of decibel range. The highest value is 80dB while the lowest is 30dB. Lower the decibels, the higher the price.
|Dishwasher||Noise Level (DB)|
Dishwashers with noise ranging around 50dB are considered to be slightly at a higher level. Their noise is confined within the kitchen area and costs around Rs.35000.
The 40dB noise range is considered to be in the mid-level & is available on amazon between 40 to 60 thousand in rupees. It is the most preferred range as it is in the apt budget range and works silent enough that one can chat, standing near to it.
The most luxurious one is the dishwasher having noise ranging around 30dB. It is the best choice for people who are sound sensitive. It is hardly audible in the same room but is way too costly for a middle-class person to afford it.
3. What is the dishwasher material – plastic/steel?
Taking a look at the interiors of a dishwasher, we can note that there are two types of tubs available. One is the stainless steel tub and the other is the plastic tub. Plastic tubs are usually used to build the cheap rate models while stainless steel ones go with expensive models.
Plastic tubs wear out soon and are vulnerable to temperature change or high resistance. The stainless steel body is durable and strong enough to withstand the strains and odors along with the temperature change. They are energy efficient but costly.
4. Which size dishwasher fits for your family?
The size of the family decides the size of the dishwasher.
The standard size configurations currently available are 8, 12 and 16 place settings.
A small family would go with 8 place settings while most of the Indian families would go with the 12 place setting dishwasher as it is the optimum choice.
The load capacity would be 12 quantities of big plates, glasses, bowls, saucers and small plates, each in addition to spoons and forks. Traditional family using big utensils for cooking would require the 16 place setting configuration.
This is also called the tall configuration and it can carry around 115 to 120 utensils. Hence, you must be clear with the budget and size required so that you can buy the best dishwasher in India.
5. How well it can fit in your kitchen?
The standard specifications for a place setting include a big dinner plate, a saucer, a coffee cup, a bowl, a small plate, a knife, a drinking glass, a dinner fork, a tiny salad fork, and two teaspoons.
|Medium||12 setting||Compact or standard|
A usual dishwasher, that is full-sized, has 12 to 16 place settings. Dishwasher having this capacity and additional drying option is mostly preferred.
The space occupied by the dishwasher depends on its size and size depends on the capacity which is defined by the number of the place setting options available.
Thus, the size of the dishwasher is variable on a wide range, but an average-sized dishwasher would occupy an optimum space, similar to that of a kitchen counter.
6. Is it compatible with hard water?
Dishwashers used in India must ensure compatibility with hard water as it is the most required feature for the long life span of the appliance. This feature would secure the device from scaling and detergent usage.
It is enabled by the presence of a water softening chamber. It consists of a salt dispenser that pumps salt into the softener to reduce the hardness level.
7. What options you get for – Speed & Cycles?
The cleaning up procedure is broadly categorized into a 5 step systematic cyclic process that has varying speeds of functions for better results. They are-
- Delayed wash – The cycle initiation time can be set using the timer in a range of 1 to 24 hours. It is a very helpful feature but is available in only a selected number of models.
- Rinse and hold – The rinsing of utensils is the process that occurs in this cycle and it is carried out without using detergents when the load is in full capacity. This cycle ensures the removal of odors along with the stains.
- Only rinse – This cycle is specifically meant for the removal of stubborn stains and oily spots and greases.
- Quick wash – This cycle optimizes the time utilized for the overall cleaning up process and is used for easily removable spots and stains.
- Sanitize– The temperature of water rises to a higher extend for ensuring the death of germs and bacteria. The products are disinfected and give out 99% sanitized utensils.
There is one more mode or cycle called – express. In this proceeding, the dishwasher would follow the commands of the sensors that analyze the load, dirt levels and other necessary factors that have to be included.
The cycle processes and timings are accustomed accordingly for cleaner results. This is more useful for medium-sized utensils with heavy soiling or large-sized utensils like pans and pots.
8. Is food disposal needs manual cleaning?
A small amount of food is always disposed along with the dishes and they are collected at the filters. Filters mesh-like structures and the more dirt they collect the more noise they produce. On consistent rinsing and cleaning, it would work silently.
Having the self- cleaning filter fitted in the dishwasher wouldn’t require a manual process for the maintenance but is expensive when compared to the filter, fitted in the appliance, which requires manual cleaning.
9. Is it within your budget?
Most of us don’t like to spend much on dishwashers. If you want a high-end dishwasher, then you have to invest heavy. However, if you are budget constraint, then check the options in that range carefully and choose the most appropriate one.
10. Who is the manufacturer?
Brand reputation and warranty is the another important factor that should also be taken into the count. Now-a-days everyone purchase the branded items as it builds a trust and gives assurance to the customers by providing standard warranty – 1,2,5 years and support service centers at their nearest places.
11. What are the smart features added?
Updated versions of this kitchen appliance have additional features incorporated for better efficiency and improved performance. Few of them are:
- Washing levels: For consuming just a sufficient amount of water and carrying out the functions accordingly, there are 2 to 3 levels of washing. The water jet distribution in a cycle is ascertained by these levels.
- Auto-restart: The auto-restart option allows your dishwasher to resume the cyclic process from where it had paused. The functioning may pause due to fluctuation or interrupted power supply.
- Safety and external features: Safety comes first and so the manufacturing company ensures that there is no cause of accidents or damage occurring by providing the child lock to avoid the opening of the appliance under process. Also, extra insulation is provided to ensure safety from electrocutes.
Waterlogging might also cause damage to the internal parts of the device and can harm the user adversely, so drain pumps are incorporated in the sleekest manner. This feature ensures safety and beauty.
12. Is it elegant?
Additionally, to add elegance and modernity, the controls are placed at the top of the door so that you need not bend down much. Buzzers and indicators are being attached for intimating the completion of cycles or dropping of water levels below the minimum requirement. Dishwashers are given an attractive look by designing them in a variety of colors.
How to Maintain Dishwasher for Longer Life?
Dishwashers do cost pretty much, even the most reasonable ones cost thousands of bucks. But lack of proper maintenance can make your hard-earned money go to waste. Hence, in this section, we shall tell you several ways in which you can maintain a dishwasher and keep it in its best shape.
- Use Proper Wiring– Dishwashers work for hours and use water to function. This combination can prove deadly and put you at a chance of major accidents if you do not use proper wiring. Plug the cord directly into the socket instead of using extensions. Also, make sure that the power socket can take enough load to run the dishwasher.
- Check the Gasket from Time to Time- A crack gasket will result in water leaking out from the dishwasher, which can hinder its performance. If you trace a crack in the gasket, replace it as soon as you can to stop the washer from leaking.
- Check for Clogs– Clogs aren’t unnatural in dishwashers. Excess food particles can clog the mouth of the sprayer and the outlet pipe. If you see your machine making weird noise or tending to flood, check for clogs. Once you trace them, unclog the surface(s) immediately.
- Clean the Filter Regularly– A filter is located towards the bottom of the machine that traps large food particles. Clean the filter regularly to keep your dishwasher functioning at its best.
- Choose the Right Detergent- Dishwasher detergents are specially formulated. Avoid using hand-wash detergent in the machine. Powder detergents that are meant for washers work better as compared to gels. Avoid cheap detergents at all cost, as they will result in sediment build-up on the interiors of the machine and aren’t effective enough in cleaning plates either.
Common Questions on Dishwashers
There is a myth that a dishwasher uses a lot of energy and water. In fact, compared to washing dishes by hand, dishwashers use way lesser water. A dishwasher uses, on average, 10-14 liters of water (depending on the model) whereas hand-washing requires 30-40 liters.
A dishwasher is quite energy efficient as it uses only 1-2 kW of energy each wash (depending on the chosen program). The electricity consumed is used to heat up the water, which is pumped and recycled around the machine.
Yes! Dishwashers can easily remove oily and messy things from your utensils. Dishwashers can handle Indian cooking utensils as well. However, utensils with burnt stains should be hand washed. Other stains like oils, milk cream, masalas on utensils or plates come out clean.
Depending on the wash cycle, it may take between 30 minutes to 2 hours to clean and dry the dishes. It is not necessary to watch your dishwasher as it is completely safe to leave it operating on its own. Just look forward to dry and clean dishes after.
The effectiveness and cleaning ability of a dishwasher will not be 100% if you overload it. The chances of some plates remaining soiled are good. In the worst-case scenario, it can cause your dishwasher to leak.
Washing a cast-iron pan in a dishwasher might chip off the protective coating.
Utensils made of wood, aluminium, iron, delicate china, and crystal are not safe for machine wash.
No, you cannot. Dishwashing soaps are formulated for dishwashers separately. These soaps are very effective and produce a low amount of suds. If you use regular dishwashing soap, it might cause your machine to overflow, which in turn will prove to be damaging to the overall health of your dishwasher.
Over to You
Dishwashers are convenient to use. Apart from that, they save water, time and energy. So, for working men and large families, dishwashers are very useful. They are surely efficient and hygienic than washing utensils with hand. Check the different aspects and details in this post while buying a dishwasher. Let us know which one you ended us buying!